The Nidom Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) recognizes that personal information handled by the Company in its business activities is valuable and that the Company has a key responsibility in protecting it. Accordingly, the Company protects the personal information of every guest (hereinafter referred to as “the Person”) as prescribed below.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company uses the personal information acquired through the records of visitors to its facilities, booking information on the website or other documents and materials within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use that are specified in advance based on an individual contract or notice or through the website. The Person providing personal information through the Company’s forms or website is deemed to have agreed to the use of personal information within the scope of the purposes of use. The Company continues to use the personal information that was acquired before the Act on the Protection of Personal Information came into effect, stored in a database and retained by the Company for the purposes of use in this Policy.
2. Management of Personal Information
The Company observes the laws and regulations to protect personal information, establishes self-imposed rules, and keeps its executives, employees and other related parties informed about the rules to protect personal information.
3. Personal Information Retained by the Company
- (1) Personal information retained by the Company includes the following information.
- 1) Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other contact information
- 2) Birth date, age, gender, face photo, occupation, and title/position
- (2) The Company strives to ensure that personal information retained by the Company is accurate and up to date. The Person is kindly requested to inform the Company of a change to personal information, if any occurs.
4. Use of Personal Information
The Company does not use personal information for other purposes except as set forth below.
- (1) Cases where the use of personal information is allowed by laws and regulations or the guidelines of the supervisory agency.
- (2) Cases where the use of personal information is agreed by the Person.
- (3) Cases where the Person cannot be identified in the use of their personal information.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company does not disclose personal information to any third party except as set forth below.
- (1) Cases where the Person agrees.
- (2) Cases where the Person cannot be identified in the disclosure of their personal information (e.g., statistics).
- (3) Cases where the Company outsources the handling of all or part of the personal information and discloses the said information to its agent and contractor, who have secrecy obligations to the Company within the scope necessary for achieving the purposes of use. In this case, however, the Company exercises the necessary and appropriate supervision of the contractor.
- (4) Cases where it is necessary to disclose personal information to a financial institution for credit card payment involving the purchase of products or the use of services.
- (5) Cases where the Company provides personal information for business succession due to a merger, corporate division or business transfer.
- (6) Cases where the disclosure of personal information is allowed by related laws and regulations or the guidelines of the supervisory agency.
- (7) Cases where the disclosure or provision of personal information is ordered by a judicial branch or an administrative body based on laws and regulations.
- (8) Cases where obtaining the Person’s consent is difficult when it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of another person.
6. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- (1) The Company uses personal information for the following purposes:
- 1) To contact the Person by mail, telephone, e-mail, facsimile and other means in relation to the use of products and services the Company provides (including changes to reservations, specific inquires in emergencies, reporting on found articles and requesting a courier to ship goods).
- 2) To provide information on the Company’s business activities, including events, courtesy services, other services and products.
- 3) For billing, receipt of money and preservation of claims in relation to the sales of the Company’s products and the provision of services and membership services (including requesting a credit company to arrange for credit card payment).
- 4) To respond to inquiries and brochure requests.
- 5) To improve services, which leads to higher guest satisfaction, by conducting surveys on guests’ opinions, requests and usage of products and services.
- 6) To inform the Person of any awards in a prize competition or campaign, provide a product or a reward, and plan and operate an event.
- 7) To create data for questionnaire surveys, market research, guest trend analysis and analysis necessary for management and operation, create and announce statistics with which individuals cannot be identified, and conduct other investigation research.
- 8) To conduct business analysis related to the Company’s business.
- (2) If the Person ends the relationship with the Company, such as a withdrawal from the Nidom Classic Golf Club, the Company handles the personal information of the Person in accordance with this Policy as long as the Company retains the said information.
7. Inquiries about Personal Information
If the Person requests to refer to, change or correct their personal information retained by the Company, the Company will respond to the request immediately in accordance with the prescribed procedure. In that case, to prevent any illegal acquisition and falsification of personal information by a third party, the Company may confirm that the request is from the Person. If the Person requests to cancel the receipt of commercial e-mail messages concerning the Company’s products and services based on the Act on Regulation of the Transmission of Specified Electronic Mail or the Act on Specified Commercial Transactions, the Company will respond to the request immediately in accordance with the prescribed procedure.
8. Handling of Personal Information on the Website
- (2) The Company may collect access logs to analyze the use, value and performance of services.
- (3) The Company assumes no responsibility for the protection of personal information on the websites linked to the Company’s website and the content of such websites.
9. Change of this Policy
The Company may revise this Policy in accordance with any change to the purposes of use, further improvement of security and the revision of related laws and regulations or the guidelines of the supervisory agency. The revised Policy comes into effect when it is posted on the website.